Thursday, April 24, 2014

God is God {Devotional}

I know Thursdays can be rough. It's almost the end of the week, you've still got a bajillion things left on your to-do list, and it may seem like there isn't time to stop for 3 minutes and be still. I'm asking you to do just that. Stop and listen to Ellie Holcomb's 'Only Hope I've Got.' 


This song stabbed at my heart the other day as I was innocently driving along in between jobs. "I don't want to be a thief who is stealing your glory," Holcomb sings. How often do I put myself into the position of glory-stealer? If I'm honest with myself, it happens more than I'd like to admit. Truthfully, sometimes I do think that I'm God - that I'm wiser, can plan my life better or provide for myself better. And sometimes, I just selfishly want to take the credit for the things I know I haven't done on my own. I want all the glory and none of the work. It's an arrogant way to live, friends. But it's easy to fall into. 

Today, I challenge you to really let God be God, and come to terms with your own humanity. Make God HUGE and let yourself wonder at His majesty. Own your weakness and let God be strong for you. After all, He's the only hope you've got. 

<3 sarah elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment