Monday, June 23, 2014

DIY: Confetti Poppers!

This weekend, my husband and I hosted a gender reveal party for our new little baby due in November. With our daughter, we had a bakery create a gender reveal cake with pink frosting on the inside (although we didn't know what color it would be). However, this time, my husband wanted something a little more exciting. He was really pushing for a firework... however, that involved a little too much set up and clean up. So instead, we agreed on confetti poppers. So last week my mom and I created two different sets of confetti poppers with both pink and blue confetti. On Friday we had our ultrasound and had the technician put the sex of the baby in an envelope, and on Saturday we found out with family and friends as we popped confetti all over our driveway! Below I've shown how simple it is to make these poppers. They would be great for any occasion; including 4th of July, wedding send-off, or birthday party.

Supplies:
  • Wilton Treat Pops Display Set
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Cupcake Wrappers
  • Tissue Paper
  • Ribbon
  • Mono-Adhesive (or glue)
I started off this project by wrapping each Wilton Treat Pop with scrapbook paper, simply so that people couldn't see what color the confetti was on the inside, and since the whole tube is clear I decided to stuff the bottom of the tube with some tissue paper as well.


I then added the confetti, before topping the tube off with two cupcake wrappers (it was more sturdy with two and less see-through). To keep the cupcake wrappers on, I tied a ribbon around the wrapper to hold it in place.

When it was time for the reveal, we counted to three, and everyone hit the bottom of the Treat Pops, which in return made the cupcake wrappers fly off as well as BLUE confetti!



We are so excited to welcome a little boy into our family in November, and hope that after reading this you too, can create some of your own confetti poppers!

~Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment