Thursday, August 7, 2014

{Devotional} Enough


Sometimes certain aspects of life get in the way of the things that really matter in the grand scheme of things. Like when work seems too big and the tasks of the day won't actually fit into a day, I start to feel inadequate and overwhelmed. I worry that people won't take my work seriously, or that I don't have enough of a 'following' to take my business to the next level. It's so easy to get focused on worth in regards to how 'well' we are doing, when in reality, our worth is worth SO much more than that.

Because of my reoccurring tendency of worrying about if people like me or not, the last few weeks have been dedicated to refreshing my heart about my identity in Christ. These two verses have been such a huge encouragement to me! 

"For He chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight." (Ephesians 1:4)

“‘You are my witnesses,’ declares the Lord, ‘and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he.’” (Isaiah 43:10)

So whenever (because it does happen) you get overwhelmed. Or frustrated. Or worried that you aren't doing well enough in life... Remember: He chose you. God did! The God of the Universe! Chose YOU! To be holy. To be his child. And He knows you are worth it... that you are enough. 

~Stephanie 



No comments:

Post a Comment