Thursday, September 18, 2014

DIY: Thanksgiving Place Cards or Mini Autumn Sign


 
I wanted to add a little Autumn into your life today, so I decided to make a mini "Happy Fall" sign that could be easily changed to a Thanksgiving place card. I just used supplies that I had laying around the house... 


-ribbon scissors
-mono adhesive
-ribbon
-Stampin' Up "Stampin' Write Marker"
-small sheet of designer paper
-yellow cardstock
-Stampin' Up "Autumn Wooden Elements" (or you can use buttons, brads, etc.)
-Stampin' Up Paper Cutter

1.) First I cut my designer paper 5" long by 4" high, and then scored the paper at 2" high so it would fold easier.



2.) I then cut the yellow 4.5" long by 1.5" high, so that there would be a border. And then I tore a thing piece off of the bottom to add some interest (hint... Make sure to rip towards you, it will turn out much better).

3.) I then tied a bow through the place card (not all the way around). This took me the longest time, simply because I'm picky about how my bows look (hint... Tie your bow upside down, and usually it will look better and fuller once you adjust the ribbon placement).

4.). I decided to write "Happy Fall on my yellow cardstock so that I could keep it up through the season. 

5.) To finish it off all I needed to do was add some mono adhesive to stick the yellow cardstock and wooden elements to the designer paper... And ta-dah, you created a great little piece of Autumn decoration for your house in less than 10 minutes! 

Hope this inspires you to create some of your own fall crafts.
-Taryn





No comments:

Post a Comment