Monday, May 5, 2014

5 Days in Scripture // 30 Day Scripture Challenge Update



I've spent the last 5 mornings making a deliberate choice to spend time reading God's word. And it's been really refreshing. I've been reading mainly in Psalms, but today I wandered over to James 5. 

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Sing songs of praise." James 5:13

I think most of us pray when things aren't going the way we expected... and that's great, the Bible tells us to do that! But how often do we sing songs of praise when we're happy? Like actually sing out loud! To praise Jesus! I'm going to make a point of doing that more often!

If you're interested in joining the 30 Day Scripture Challenge, you should check out the hashtag #lampandlight on Instagram. Don't worry about starting 5 days late, just continue 5 days into June! And, well, forever. :) 

~ Stephanie 

P.S. Follow Joie Mag on Insta, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment