Friday, May 16, 2014

{Alex + Brendan's Wedding Video}

March 8th, 2014
Irvine Estate, VA

~*~

Watch Alex + Brendan's GORGEOUS wedding video by Five Copper Creative!!


Alex + Brendan Wedding Highlight from Five Copper Creative on Vimeo.

~*~

The Story:

From Alex, the bride's, perspective:  

"From the first light of morning breaking into my room on our wedding day I felt the joy and presence of the Lord. I woke up in the beautiful Bed & Breakfast my closest friends and I were staying in and knew it was going to be the most special day.  It has always been a dream of mine to read Psalm 45 (the Wedding Psalm) on my wedding day, to remind myself that the Lord is my husband first and that His delight in me gives me my identity; He is enthralled by our beauty every day, not just on our wedding day or when we feel most beautiful. My mom and soon to be mother-in-law joined us at the B&B and we all ate a morning meal together on a huge family style dining table.  It was such a sweet way to embrace the day- with my most loving and supportive girlfriends and family members to "be led in with joy and gladness" (v.15).  We spent time praying, crying, and rejoicing together at God's redemption in my life and marveling at how the day unfolding would be such a remarkable picture of that.  We all got ready together, took pictures, danced to whatever music was playing- it was FUN and relaxed, just as I had always hoped.

I loved the idea of honoring and connecting with family members through aspects of the wedding.  My mom gave me beautiful, delicate gold earrings to wear as her and my dad's wedding gift to me. I attached a brooch that I inherited from my grandma after she passed away onto the front of my bouquet- she always wore her beloved pendants proudly.  And my Nana gave me a necklace to wear that has been worn by every bride on my Dad's side of the family for four generations. I felt honored to be included in that tradition!  Brendan and I decided not to do a first look.  We liked the idea of the patient anticipation and sheer emotion that would be raw on the aisle. I think we are a bit more traditional than we thought--except we did decide to offer whiskey toasts instead of champagne, so who knows.  

Looking back, I cherish our ceremony immensely.  Our minister is a good friend of ours and spoke truth of the Gospel in the most incredible way.  And was not afraid to throw in a few jokes here and there! Laughter made his message even more endearing.  He built his message on three aspects of our marriage which are really pictures of our life with Christ lived out: take my name, take my heart, and take my body.  All concepts which are encompassed in marriage, but more so gifts given to us by Jesus Himself…His name, His heart, and His body. I saw Jesus so much in Brendan's vows to me.  He echoed God's promises to me beautifully, "I vow to never leave you, never desert you, and never divorce you. In sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, I will never leave you no matter what."  I loved his twist on the traditional vows, that's so him, so us.    

My mom did the most amazing job orchestrating the decorations of our venue.  Every detail was thoughtfully displayed -- each handmade welcome bag for the overnight guests made with love and gifts of hospitality, every centerpiece encompassed aspects of Brendan and my relationship.  We wanted to invite people in, make them feel loved and appreciated.  Instead of table numbers, we named each table after a memory we have so that people would get to know us better and feel as though they were a part of our story, because they absolutely are!   

The rest of the night was the most joyous blur.  I was astonished at seeing many familiar faces that were faintly different after years of separation, all smiling, laughing, celebrating with us.  We ate delicious food, visited with incredible friends and family, and danced with abandon. At one point our crazy friends decided to throw Brendan in the air!…and then me!…and then MY MOM! When I remember our wedding day, I remember the joy and life we experienced in God's love expressed through each other and the people we love.  People traveled from all over the world simply to be a part of our most favorite day; and that's not to boast in ourselves…Jesus brought them to hear His truth and see His love fleshed out in two messy sinners who happen to be in love. Gosh, He is so sweet to us."

~*~
Thank you so much Alex+Brendan for sharing your day with us! It was absolutely beautiful! I don't even know you and I cried during your vows!! I can tell it was such a joyful day. :) And Alex, you are such an eloquent writer!

Thanks to the insanely talented Amanda from Five Copper Creative for submitting this film!

~Joie Mag Team

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for publishing our wedding video!! Amanda and Grady at Five Copper Creative did an AMAZING job with our video and I'm so glad they get to be featured! I love your magazine's vision and will love to watch the Lord bless and grow you guys. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete