Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"It's Your Breath in Our Lungs..."


This song has really been on my heart lately. It’s been on repeat on my phone, iPad, and just plain singing it a cappella constantly. There’s one line in the song that really gets to me, “It’s your breath in our lungs, so we pour out our praise to You only.” Do we really pour out our praise to God only? 

Merrian-Webster’s Dictionary defines praise as, “to express thanks to or love and respect for; to express a favorable judgment; to glorify...” I can think of a million things that we as Christians praise, simply by our actions and how much time we devote to that specific activity or thing. But are we spending the time to praise our Heavenly Father? I'm not meaning just before our three meals a day.

Hebrews 13:15 says, “By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks o his name” (KJV).  I want to be known for continually praising and worshiping my Father. Not only in song, but in my every day activities, in how I interact with my husband and daughter, and my witness both in word and deed throughout the community.

I encourage you yourself to put this song on repeat and just worship our Creator for all He has done for us, and His simple action of giving us the breath in our lungs!

~Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment