Tuesday, May 13, 2014

{Wedding Music}

I have been anxiously awaiting a time to post a blog about WEDDING MUSIC. Y'all, the time is now! As a semi-experienced wedding singer, I have sung my fair share of cheesy love songs amidst candle-lightings, walks down the aisle, and first-dancing. Some I've loved, some I've hated. All I've sung with a large smile and twinkle in my eye. Today, you get a look into some of the favorites I've already done and some I'm itching to do in the future. Plus, hear a couple I've even written!



1. I Choose You by Sara Bareilles 

For those that want a zingy processional or recessional, look no further than this peppy but totally adorable ode to true love and the forever choice of a life partner. 

"We are not perfect, we'll learn from our mistakes and as long as it takes I will prove my love to you. I am not scared of the elements. I am underprepared, but I am willing, and even better, I get to be the other half of you."

2. When You Say You Love Me by Josh Groban

First of all, this man is majestic. More importantly, this song is PERFECT for a first dance. Just imagine gazing into each other's eyes while Josh so sweetly lulls you into your own little world of two. Cheesy, but so accurate. 

"And this journey that we're on, how far we've come and I celebrate every moment. When you say you love me, that's all you have to say. I'll always feel this way."

3. Then by Brad Paisley

For you country loving folk, this song is tear-worthy. I love how it celebrates the journey of meeting, dating, and engagement - and then forever together! This is also wonderful for a first dance. 

"Now you're my whole life, now you're my whole world. I just can't believe the way I feel about you. Like a river meets the sea stronger than it's ever been, we've come so far since that day. And I thought I loved you then." 

4. What Can I Do (But Love You) by Joy Williams

This is a gem. Very sweet and simple, but lovely to fill the silence while exchanging rings or lighting a unity candle. 

"Now I've got someone to hold, to keep me warm when life gets cold, a little sun to melt away the gray. It happened in the nick of time, unexpected sweet surprise, with one hello I'll never be the same."

5. Lifetime by Steve Moakler

Also fantastic for a special moment mid-service, this incredible Steve Moakler song has some beautiful truth about the choice it is to promise another love forever. 

"My soul can breathe in your love. I know I come alive in your touch and I won't let go. It will take a lifetime to know all of the love I have to give you."

6. Shameless plug. You can check out Our Love or Always We by yours truly. 

They aren't perfect recordings but you get an idea of the song! :) 

Hope this inspires you to think outside the box when choosing music for your special day! Happy listening. 

<3 sarah 


No comments:

Post a Comment