Thursday, July 31, 2014

{Devotional} Daily Faith




Have you ever looked up the verse that goes with our logo? It's a special one; Zephaniah 3:17. I thought it would be good to go a little more in depth about this verse and how it affects our lives and our walk with our Savior.

Zephaniah 3:17 King James Version (KJV)
The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

This verse speaks about when the Lord comes back and sets up his Kingdom. He will save those that have repented and turned to him, and show forth both his mighty strength and love. This is a great promise that the Lord has given us, but how do we know this promise is for us?

The Bible clearly states multiple times to examine our faith daily.

2 Corinthians 13:5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you-- unless indeed you fail the test?

There should be no question that Jesus Christ lives in us. We are to work out our faith with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:12 King James Version (KJV)
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Being a Christian doesn’t just mean that you said a prayer one day asking Jesus into your heart. It’s a daily action of offering your life to The King.

Galations 2:20 English Standard Version (ESV)
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

The Christian walk is a repentant heart and a relationship with The Savior.

So although Zephaniah 3:17 is an amazing promise from God, it is also a reminder to me that in order to gain from the promises of God, I should be working out my own faith daily with fear and trembling to see if I still be in the faith. 

~Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment